Hey There Ya’all!
Today in New York, it is about 55 degrees and raining. It’s gone between a steady drizzle and teeming the entire day. I am completely fall obsessed, so this weather has me awfully happy and excited for pumpkins, scarves, witches, boots, sweaters, and everything else stereotypically fall and white girl. 💁🏼
I love me a Starbucks, but now that I im informed of the ingredients in their famous “PSL”, I literally can’t even. No seriously. It’s full of garbage. Check out this ingredient list researched by Food Babe.
And there is nothing #basic about this latte.
Paleo Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2 cups of brewed coffee (I like dark roast personally and is actually typically lower in caffeine)
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk (almond or cashew milk would work also)
- 1 tbsp. of puréed pumpkin
- 1 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp. of real maple syrup (honey would work also but I enjoy the maple flavor in this)
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil
Put puréed pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and coconut oil into a bullet, blender, etc. and pour hot coffee over the ingredients. Add maple syrup and choice of milk. Blend until frothy and latte consistency. Pour into a mug, put on a blanket scarf and leggings, and sip away. Don’t forget to take a selfie.